Devil Dogs 5:260:00/5:26
“Time is my enemy/ Unforgiving, can't be bribed/ My only friend is the present/ And for the future, he is my scribe” - Daryl Myers
The Singing Marine is Back!
Daryl Myers is a U.S. Marine from Mobile, AL that turned his barracks room in Okinawa Japan into a make-shift recording studio and produced his first album. He has performed for veterans on several bases in Japan and in the U.S.
It's been a few years since singer, songwriter and producer Daryl Myers released his first album "Solid Gold" or any new music, but he's back at it now. Daryl said, “it’s funny how life can get in the way sometimes, but better late than never though, right?”
His next full album titled “10 For 20” will be released in 2021. It will be comprised of 10 songs that reflect in some way, a few of his experiences and his journey through life over the past 20 years.
His first new single "Breaking Point" was released Sept 1. It has the vibe and sound of Kings of Leon meets Pink Floyd. It speaks to people who are struggling with depression, anxiety, PTSD or recovery from abuse. Mental health is important to him as he has family and and fellow veteran friends who struggle with these illnesses. He says, "while this song may not have any hard answers as to how to fix the problems, it is a way to start discussions about the issues."
On Oct 1st, Daryl released “Fire, It Don’t Play.” Since 2008, he has been working in the Fire Protection Industry and thought it would be cool to write a fun and funky song for Fire Prevention Month.
On Nov 10th, the Marine Corps Birthday. Daryl released his latest single “Devil Dogs.” It's a bluesy rock song with a bit of a country vibe. It is a tribute and thank you to his fellow U.S. Marines. "I’ll be asking for donations for the song download and all proceeds will go to a local Marine Corps League" says Myers. The Mobile chapter for the MCL is involved in many charities for Veterans and also special needs. Daryl is very proud to be a part of a great organization that is helping others in his local community.
You can find out more at www.darylmyersmusic.com or look Daryl up on all the social networks and YouTube under Daryl Myers Music.
"Devil Dogs" Out Now
Reviews of "Devil Dogs"
***What Fans are saying about “Devil Dogs” ***
Harry Kersten II- Daryl, I love the words, the music and cover. The message is awesome. You need to get this song on the radio. I love it. Semper Fi, Brother!
Jackie Stokley- That’s Rock and Roll DW!! Best one yet! You nailed that mfer. I’m impressed!
Timothy Marshall- You got one hell of an ooh-rah! from me!
Tracie Norris- OORAH! Another awesome song!!
Rich Headley- Hey Devil Dog great song! Way to go man! Semper Fi!
Amy Thomas- Sweet!!! Really cool what you’re doing. Keep at it!!
Paul Wilcox- Glad to see you are hard at it making music. Love the “Devil Dogs” song! I have always enjoyed your music, I wore your CD out from Okinawa lol. Best of luck to you brother!
*** What Music Curators are saying about “Devil Dogs” ***
We All Want Someone To Shout For- A gritty soulful classic rock and country mix with some nice bite to it and passionate vocal delivery. Really well produced
Underrated- The great hooking presence of the track's stellar vocals immediately made for my personal highlight of the piece
Metalhead Community Magazine-Great sounding old school blues rock song with the necessary energy, groove and beautiful vibes all along the way. There's absolutely nothing negative to mention, this is a successful piece of work.
Cheers To The Vikings- We have enjoyed listening to your rich vocals until the last second. You are so original and you really have so much talent.
Yellow & Black- I really liked your instruments so much, your music is beautiful and your style is amazing.
Various Small Flames-Again the sense of confidence and attitude is excellent here.
York Calling- I really enjoyed the track, the melody, vocals and guitar were great.
Grotesqualizer-Solid sound, we like the guitar passages.
“Breaking Point” Video
What Fans And Curators Are Saying About “Breaking Point”
- Dano Hickson- “Awesome! Great quality and a powerful topic to sing about.”
- Daniel Sorrel- “What drew me in where the lyrics.”
- Tracie Norris- “I really like everything about this song. To me it had a vibe of Pet Shop Boys mixed with Daughtry and Pink Floyd. It was perfect! Can't wait to hear more. Woo Hoo!”
- Christina Young- “Wow, that was great... I loved it! Extremely great recording would like to hear more.”
- Paul Curd- “Awesome! Sounds great. I’m impressed.”
- Jackie Stokley=" If I saw him live, I'd throw my panties on the stage!"
- Independent Music Reviews- “I appreciate the meaning and message. So relevant for our times of isolation. I enjoyed the edgy electric guitar lines combined intentionally with moments of soft piano chording. Very emotive at times, appreciate the expression of it all.”
- EKM.CO - "Breaking Point" offers a very deep and fresh Indie Pop/Rock sound, it delivers a super stylish and profound vocal, the hook is very catchy, the track evolves well and bring more intensity as it progresses.”
- Yellow & Black: "Your music is awesome, I have to admit that you are making some good music, I like your style and skills, you are mastering this art excellently.”
- Velvety- “Appealing vocal work over an epic instrumentation full of talented guitar lines, sonic intensity and dreamy arrangements, with heartfelt lyricism, evocative soundscapes and emotional vibes.”
mp3hugger- "This fella sure has a doctorate in rock and all the passion that the genre expects of its practitioners. so while it doesn't do much to rewrite the rulebook there is so much guttural passion in the presentation it feels like we're experiencing a live show. There is a dramatic telling here.”